Understanding the Traps of Sin! By David Oyedepo
Topic: Understanding the Traps of Sin!
Welcome to another exciting week! I hope you were blessed by the last teaching. Today, we shall focus on: Understanding the Traps of Sin!
From scriptures, we discover that the cheapest way to solving problems is to be accustomed to examples. As it is written: Thus saith the Lord, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein (Jeremiah 6:16).I have always said you don’t have to be intelligent to be a mathematician; just understand the example, then go ahead and use it to solve the problem. If we don’t mind examples, we will end up in shambles. From examples in scriptures, I located three traps of the enemy against the end-time Church as stated in 2 Timothy 3:1-5. These are all the things the enemy will be bringing to defile the saints. They are the principal traps by which the enemy is set to destroy great destinies. In the midst of the upcoming glorious hour, perilous times will arise for some people. Although we have been talking about the glorious hour; it is good to also talk about the perilous times. Some people will experience the glorious hour while some the perilous times.
What, then, are the Traps of Sin?
1. Immorality: Sin is not just sin. Sin is in categories. When Israel left Egypt and journeyed to the Promised Land, the highest number that was slain came by sexual immorality. Paul in his writing told us that 23,000 men fell in one day because of fornication (1 Corinthians 10:8). If we check through Bible history, this was the highest rate of calamity throughout their journey from Egypt to Canaan. Immorality will take its toll among people this end time. It is therefore important to choose this day where we want to be. For instance, Samson, the strength of Israel in his time was slain as a result of immorality. He was the treasure of heaven on earth but was turned to a toy. He was the gift of God but became a curse on the earth. Samson lost his throne to a woman. They plucked out his two eyes and made him dance the dance of Israel among sinners (Judges 16). All by the trap of immorality! Also, it is written: Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned? Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned? So he that goeth in to his neighbour’s wife; whosoever toucheth her shall not be innocent (Proverbs 6:27-29; see also Proverbs 7:26). Many people are dying as slaves today because this sin has not been put under check. This end time, there will be a lot of seduction that will lead many into immorality.
Also Read: Understanding Our right to Health in Redemption! By David Oyedepo
2. Financial Corruption: Another trap of the devil this end time is that which claimed the second highest number of lives –the sin of financial corruption (Exodus 32:26-28/31). Three thousand men died, holding on to their gold! Also, remember the story of Gehazi, the servant of Elisha, concerning him the Bible records: But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought: but, as the Lord liveth, I will run after him, and take somewhat of him. So Gehazi followed after Naaman. And when Naaman saw him running after him, he lighted down from the chariot to meet him, and said, Is all well? And he said, All is well. My master hath sent me, saying, Behold, even now there be come to me from mount Ephraim two young men of the sons of the prophets: give them, I pray thee, a talent of silver, and two changes of garments (2 Kings 5:20-22). When he came back from his trip of covetousness, see what happened: But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither. And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants? The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow (2 Kings 5:25-27). Friends, why must we carry the leprosy of Naaman, when our destiny is to have twice the unction of Elisha? Why must we let covetousness purchase leprosy for us? It’s over to you!
3. Rebellion: This is another nature of sin that claimed the third largest number of souls in the Church in the wilderness. It claimed an entire household. Look at the account in Numbers 16:1-2: Now Korah, the son of Izhar, the son of Kohath, the son of Levi, and Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, and On, the son of Peleth, sons of Reuben, took men: And they rose up before Moses, with certain of the children of Israel, two hundred and fifty princes of the assembly, famous in the congregation, men of renown: And they paid dearly for it! (Numbers 16:23-33). And that was how Dathan, Korah and Abiram and 250 others and all their families perished! Rebellion destroyed an estimated one thousand people in one day! Friends, rebellion is of the devil, don’t go for it!
In summary, instructions are to be obeyed, not to be discussed. The obedient makes the greatest mark in the Kingdom. So, go for obedience and leave rebellion alone. Our opinion is our greatest trap into rebellion. So watch it! However, it is very easy to fall into the trap of sin if you are not saved. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so.
Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books:Walking in the Newness of Life, Conquering Controlling Powers, The Blood Triumph and Dynamics of Holiness. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. respectively. I know this teaching has blessed you.
Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin
RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 12 May 2019 – Lesson 37
TOPIC: God’s Master Piece [RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 12 May 2019]
RCCG Sunday School 12 May 2019 HYMN
RCCG Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual 7 April 2019 – Physical Breakthrough
RCCG Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual 7 April 2019 Lesson 32 – Physical Breakthrough
View Previous RCCG Sunday School Teacher’s Manual Here
TOPIC: Physical Breakthrough
OPENING PRAYER: Father, give me breakthrough quickly. (Scroll down for RCCG Sunday School 7 April 2019 HYMN)
MEMORY VERSE: “And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.” – Genesis 26:22 (scroll down for RCCG Sunday School 7 April 2019 HYMN)
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 26:1-14 KJV (RCCG Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual 7 April 2019)
1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
6 And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:
7 And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said, She is my sister: for he feared to say, She is my wife; lest, said he, the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she was fair to look upon.
8 And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife.
9 And Abimelech called Isaac, and said, Behold, of a surety she is thy wife: and how saidst thou, She is my sister? And Isaac said unto him, Because I said, Lest I die for her.
10 And Abimelech said, What is this thou hast done unto us? one of the people might lightly have lien with thy wife, and thou shouldest have brought guiltiness upon us.
11 And Abimelech charged all his people, saying, He that toucheth this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
Generally, a breakthrough is a major progress; such as great innovation or discovery that overcomes significant obstacles. In other words, it is overcoming something challenging and having an achievement. A breakthrough usually gives a miraculous result. Breakthrough is often associated with prosperity though it means different things to different people. We can therefore talk about physical (financial, scientific, academic, etc.) and spiritual breakthrough.
TEXT REVIEW: GENESIS 26:1-14 – “OBEY GOD AND PROSPER”
i. God has breakthrough in the creation of light, water and all other things that He made. Gen. 1:1-30.
ii. The breakthroughs are very good and enduring till date. Gen. 1:31.
iii. God continues to give different breakthroughs to His children in substance and in promise sealed in oaths. Gen. 26:3-4.
iv. God gave another dimension of breakthrough to His children through restoration of their values and assurance of their safety. Gen. 26:7-11.
v. God give breakthrough through bumper harvest. Gen. 26:13.
vi. God give breakthrough in terms of material possession to the extent of envy. Gen. 26:14.
vii. God give all round breakthroughs until His children becomes very great. Gen. 26:13.
Two (2) things launched Abraham into breakthrough:
i. Obedience to God’s voice. Gen. 26:5.
ii. Keeping of God’s charge, commandment, statutes and laws. Gen. 26:5.
Believers who want breakthroughs must do the same.
2 LESSON OUTLINES
LESSON OUTLINE 1: INSTANCES OF PHYSICAL BREAKTHROUGHS
i. Breakthrough in warfare e.g. David. 2 Sam. 23:15-16.
ii. Miracles, breakthrough in food and material wealth e.g. Lepers. 2 Kings 6:25; 2 Kings 7:1, 8, 15-16.
iii. Breakthrough in wealth and greatness in foreign land e.g. Isaac. Gen. 22:15-18; 26:13-14.
iv. Scientific breakthrough in animal production e.g. Jacob. Gen. 30:28-43.
v. Multi dimensional breakthrough in wisdom and prosperity e.g. King Solomon. 2 Chron. 1:6-12.
vi. Generational breakthrough (through obedience to God’s commandments) e.g. Abraham. Gen. 18:18-19; 26:5
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: Identify why so many people do not experience breakthrough.
LESSON OUTLINE 2: FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE
The following people experienced a positive trend from negative circumstances. Breakthrough usually launches people from negative or nothing condition to a positive/favourable condition.
i. Obededom: from apparent nothingness to unimaginable blessings. 1 Chron. 13:13-14.
ii. Jabez: from sorrow to success. 1 Chron. 4:9-10.
iii. Peter: from emptiness to abundance. Luke 5:4-7.
iv. Widow of Zarephath: from hopelessness to miraculous supplies. 1 Kings 17:10-18.
v. Naaman: from affliction to wholeness. 2 Kings 5:1-14.
vi. Elizabeth: from barrenness to fruitfulness. Luke 1:5-7, 57.
vii. Widow: from indebtedness to wealth. 2 Kings 4:1-7.
SUMMARY: Obedience to the word of God is a key requirement to divine breakthrough in the physical realm.
CONCLUSION: There Connor be a physical breakthrough without divine intervention. Therefore, if you are expecting a breakthrough in any facet of your life, you must turn to God for help. Debut 8:18; 28:8.
EVALUATION: Give some instances of those who experience breakthrough and thereby moved from negative to positive conditions.
CLOSING PRAYER: Father, give my church multi-dimensional breakthroughs.
ASSIGNMENT: Find out ten (10) illustrations of breakthroughs in the bible with bible passages.
Flatimes.com EMPLOYS EVERYONE TO PURCHASE THE HARD COPY TO SUPPORT RCCG EDUCATION (SUNDAY SCHOOL DEPARTMENT). THE SOFT COPY (ONLINE) IS JUST TO HELP EASY ACCESS. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO SO.
RCCG Sunday School 7 April 2019 HYMN
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Women Who Put On Men’s Wears Are Abomination To God – Pastor Kumuyi
Pastor William Kumuyi, the G.O of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, on Sunday said women who put on men’s wears are abomination unto God, PMNews reports.
According to the outlet, Kumuyi, who was preaching on the topic: “The Inner and Outward Beauty of Kingdom Citizens,” said the Bible specifically warned that men should not put on women’s wear neither should women put on men’s wears.
He noted everybody would frown if a preacher come to the pulpit putting on a woman’s wear as people would think he was abnormal, adding that the society seemed to appreciate women putting on men’s wears than men putting on women’s wears.
He said the standard of God would never change even if the world would change, emphasising that God frowned at any woman wearing men’s wears or men putting on women’s wears.
According to him, some Christians felt inferior because they were not copying the standard of the world, while challenging such people to keep on obeying God’s word rather than the world.
Kumuyi stated that the outward beauty that the world seemed to appreciate bred pride and arrogance, saying that the inner beauty gotten through Salvation in Christ should be coveted by all as such would lead to heaven.