Unveiling the Rewards of Righteousness! By David Oyedepo
Topic: Unveiling the Rewards of Righteousness!
Welcome to your week of favour ! I hope you were blessed by last week teaching. As we conclude this month, we shall focus on: Unveiling the Rewards of Righteousness!
We discover from scriptures that sin brings curses while righteousness brings blessings. For it is written: Righteousness exalteth a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people (Proverbs 14:34; see also Psalm 112:1-3). Everywhere we see God’s blessings, righteousness is in place. While the wages of sin is death, the wages of righteousness is life more abundant. There is a lot more pleasure in righteousness than there is in sin. Also, we understand that persecutions bring promotions. Those who mind men naturally miss God. If I had minded men, I would have missed God long ago. When we are persecuted for righteousness, it provokes God for our promotions. For instance, when Joseph was persecuted for purity, God found a place for him in the palace. Every persecution for righteousness equals exaltation from heaven(2 Corinthians 6:17-18). Every persecution against our righteousness is announcing our promotion. Furthermore, persecution does not kill; it is ignorance that kills. Rejoice at persecutions because every greatness from heaven is welcomed on earth by persecutions. For example, when Moses was born, he was born into the midst of persecutions. Likewise our Lord Jesus Christ, when He arrive persecution was waiting. The persecutions of life are a reality but our power over them is also a reality. What is the sole aim of persecutions? To stop the persecuted from attaining his/her goal!
What are the Rewards of Righteousness?
1. Prosperity, Promotion and Honour: Righteousness announces promotion of the righteous. It is written: But my horn shalt thou exalt like the horn of an unicorn: I shall be anointed with fresh oil. Mine eye also shall see my desire on mine enemies, and mine ears shall hear my desire of the wicked that rise up against me. The righteous shall flourish like the palm tree: he shall grow like a cedar in Lebanon. Those that be planted in the house of the Lord shall flourish in the courts of our God. They shall still bring forth fruit in old age; they shall be fat and flourishing (Psalm 92:10-14). No matter the drought, the righteous shall flourish; his leaves will remain ever green. The man Job flourished by righteousness, likewise everyone that practice righteousness will flourish the same way (Job 1:1-3). Righteousness was the root of the height that Job got to. He became the greatest man not through crookedness or perverseness but through uprightness and godly perfection. He was scared of evil; he never touched it and never played with it (Job 1:5). That he avoided evil suggested that he was living in the days of evil but he never partook of it. Then, he became the greatest man in the east! Righteousness holds a guarantee for our prosperity and honour has its roots in righteousness. It is the shortest way to the topmost top.
Also Read: Unveiling the Enemies of Praise! By David Oyedepo
2. Beauty: Purity gives birth to beauty. Nothing glorifies, nothing beautifies like holiness. As it is written: For the Lord taketh pleasure in his people: he will beautify the meek with salvation (Psalm 149:4). Talking about Jesus, Matthew 1:21 says: …he shall save his people from their sins. So, when we are saved from sin, our beauty emerges and our dominion is established. When we go for purity, it will surely deliver our beauty to us. When sin goes, beauty emerges.
How, then, do we Break the Trap of Sin?
1. By Constant Cleansing by the Word: This can be gotten through anointed books and electronic media such as CDS, DVD, etc that deal with issues of ungodliness. Let’s understand that God’s Word carries sanctifying virtues and every genuine encounter with the Word liberates us from sin. The Psalmist said: …Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee (Psalm 119:9-11; see also John 15:3, 17:17; Ephesians 5:26).Jesus also said that whosoever is born of God does not commit sin because His seed is in him. The seed is the Word of God. Therefore, just as the presence of light subdues darkness, it also takes the Word to subdue sin (1 John 3:9; Luke 8:11).
2. Through Commitment to Constant Fellowship: It is written: But upon mount Zion shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness; and the house of Jacob shall possess their possessions (Obadiah 17). The Church, which is referred to as Mount Zion in the New Testament, is a service station where our lives are serviced spiritually. Among the happenings in Zion is the spiritual sprinkling of the Blood for our cleansing (Hebrews 12:22-24). We must understand that the farther we are from Church, the more vulnerable we become to temptations.That is why, to live a life of righteousness, we must be addicted and committed to fellowship because we are strengthened when we appear before God in Zion (Hebrews 3:13,10:25; Psalm 84:7).
3. By Seeking Impartation of Relevant Spiritual Gifts: Paul the Apostle said: For I long to see you, that I may impart unto you some spiritual gift, to the end ye may be established (Romans 1:11). Spiritual gifts enhance our establishment as it is impossible to live a godly life without the Spirit of God at work in us. This is why we must seek relevant spiritual gifts to live godly lives (Romans 8:13). Some of these relevant spiritual gifts include:
The Spirit of obedience(Ezekiel 36:27).
The Spirit of holiness (Isaiah 11:2; Romans 1:4; John 8:46).
The Spirit of grace and supplication (Romans 8:26-27; Zechariah 12:10).
In summary, heaven is the overcomer’s city and only overcomers get there (James 1:12). When we endure temptations, we win a crown of life. Thus, you must be born again. Are you born again? If you are not, this is an opportunity to do so. Simply say the following prayer: Lord Jesus, I come to You today. I am a sinner. Forgive me my sins. Cleanse me with Your precious Blood. Today, I accept You as my Lord and personal Saviour. Thank You Jesus for saving me! Now I know I am born again!”
For further reading, please get my books: Walking in the Newness of Life, Conquering Controlling Powers, The Blood Triumph and Dynamics of Holiness. I invite you to come and fellowship with us at the Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, the covenant home of Winners. We have four services on Sundays, holding at 6:00 a.m., 7:50 a.m., 9:40 a.m., and 11:30 a.m. respectively.
I know this teaching has blessed you. Write and share your testimony with me through: Faith Tabernacle, Canaanland, Ota, P.M.B. 21688, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria; or call 01-4548070, 01-4548280; or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Face book: www.facebook.com/davidoyedepoministries/; Twitter: @DavidOyedepoMin
RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 12 May 2019 – Lesson 37
TOPIC: God’s Master Piece [RCCG Sunday School STUDENT Manual 12 May 2019]
RCCG Sunday School 12 May 2019 HYMN
RCCG Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual 7 April 2019 – Physical Breakthrough
RCCG Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual 7 April 2019 Lesson 32 – Physical Breakthrough
View Previous RCCG Sunday School Teacher’s Manual Here
TOPIC: Physical Breakthrough
OPENING PRAYER: Father, give me breakthrough quickly. (Scroll down for RCCG Sunday School 7 April 2019 HYMN)
MEMORY VERSE: “And he removed from thence, and digged another well; and for that they strove not: and he called the name of it Rehoboth; and he said, For now the LORD hath made room for us, and we shall be fruitful in the land.” – Genesis 26:22 (scroll down for RCCG Sunday School 7 April 2019 HYMN)
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 26:1-14 KJV (RCCG Sunday School TEACHER’s Manual 7 April 2019)
1 And there was a famine in the land, beside the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went unto Abimelech king of the Philistines unto Gerar.
2 And the LORD appeared unto him, and said, Go not down into Egypt; dwell in the land which I shall tell thee of:
3 Sojourn in this land, and I will be with thee, and will bless thee; for unto thee, and unto thy seed, I will give all these countries, and I will perform the oath which I sware unto Abraham thy father;
4 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed;
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
6 And Isaac dwelt in Gerar:
7 And the men of the place asked him of his wife; and he said, She is my sister: for he feared to say, She is my wife; lest, said he, the men of the place should kill me for Rebekah; because she was fair to look upon.
8 And it came to pass, when he had been there a long time, that Abimelech king of the Philistines looked out at a window, and saw, and, behold, Isaac was sporting with Rebekah his wife.
9 And Abimelech called Isaac, and said, Behold, of a surety she is thy wife: and how saidst thou, She is my sister? And Isaac said unto him, Because I said, Lest I die for her.
10 And Abimelech said, What is this thou hast done unto us? one of the people might lightly have lien with thy wife, and thou shouldest have brought guiltiness upon us.
11 And Abimelech charged all his people, saying, He that toucheth this man or his wife shall surely be put to death.
12 Then Isaac sowed in that land, and received in the same year an hundredfold: and the LORD blessed him.
13 And the man waxed great, and went forward, and grew until he became very great:
14 For he had possession of flocks, and possession of herds, and great store of servants: and the Philistines envied him.
Generally, a breakthrough is a major progress; such as great innovation or discovery that overcomes significant obstacles. In other words, it is overcoming something challenging and having an achievement. A breakthrough usually gives a miraculous result. Breakthrough is often associated with prosperity though it means different things to different people. We can therefore talk about physical (financial, scientific, academic, etc.) and spiritual breakthrough.
TEXT REVIEW: GENESIS 26:1-14 – “OBEY GOD AND PROSPER”
i. God has breakthrough in the creation of light, water and all other things that He made. Gen. 1:1-30.
ii. The breakthroughs are very good and enduring till date. Gen. 1:31.
iii. God continues to give different breakthroughs to His children in substance and in promise sealed in oaths. Gen. 26:3-4.
iv. God gave another dimension of breakthrough to His children through restoration of their values and assurance of their safety. Gen. 26:7-11.
v. God give breakthrough through bumper harvest. Gen. 26:13.
vi. God give breakthrough in terms of material possession to the extent of envy. Gen. 26:14.
vii. God give all round breakthroughs until His children becomes very great. Gen. 26:13.
Two (2) things launched Abraham into breakthrough:
i. Obedience to God’s voice. Gen. 26:5.
ii. Keeping of God’s charge, commandment, statutes and laws. Gen. 26:5.
Believers who want breakthroughs must do the same.
2 LESSON OUTLINES
LESSON OUTLINE 1: INSTANCES OF PHYSICAL BREAKTHROUGHS
i. Breakthrough in warfare e.g. David. 2 Sam. 23:15-16.
ii. Miracles, breakthrough in food and material wealth e.g. Lepers. 2 Kings 6:25; 2 Kings 7:1, 8, 15-16.
iii. Breakthrough in wealth and greatness in foreign land e.g. Isaac. Gen. 22:15-18; 26:13-14.
iv. Scientific breakthrough in animal production e.g. Jacob. Gen. 30:28-43.
v. Multi dimensional breakthrough in wisdom and prosperity e.g. King Solomon. 2 Chron. 1:6-12.
vi. Generational breakthrough (through obedience to God’s commandments) e.g. Abraham. Gen. 18:18-19; 26:5
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: Identify why so many people do not experience breakthrough.
LESSON OUTLINE 2: FROM NEGATIVE TO POSITIVE
The following people experienced a positive trend from negative circumstances. Breakthrough usually launches people from negative or nothing condition to a positive/favourable condition.
i. Obededom: from apparent nothingness to unimaginable blessings. 1 Chron. 13:13-14.
ii. Jabez: from sorrow to success. 1 Chron. 4:9-10.
iii. Peter: from emptiness to abundance. Luke 5:4-7.
iv. Widow of Zarephath: from hopelessness to miraculous supplies. 1 Kings 17:10-18.
v. Naaman: from affliction to wholeness. 2 Kings 5:1-14.
vi. Elizabeth: from barrenness to fruitfulness. Luke 1:5-7, 57.
vii. Widow: from indebtedness to wealth. 2 Kings 4:1-7.
SUMMARY: Obedience to the word of God is a key requirement to divine breakthrough in the physical realm.
CONCLUSION: There Connor be a physical breakthrough without divine intervention. Therefore, if you are expecting a breakthrough in any facet of your life, you must turn to God for help. Debut 8:18; 28:8.
EVALUATION: Give some instances of those who experience breakthrough and thereby moved from negative to positive conditions.
CLOSING PRAYER: Father, give my church multi-dimensional breakthroughs.
ASSIGNMENT: Find out ten (10) illustrations of breakthroughs in the bible with bible passages.
Flatimes.com EMPLOYS EVERYONE TO PURCHASE THE HARD COPY TO SUPPORT RCCG EDUCATION (SUNDAY SCHOOL DEPARTMENT). THE SOFT COPY (ONLINE) IS JUST TO HELP EASY ACCESS. GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU DO SO.
RCCG Sunday School 7 April 2019 HYMN
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day, Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
- O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Women Who Put On Men’s Wears Are Abomination To God – Pastor Kumuyi
Pastor William Kumuyi, the G.O of Deeper Christian Life Ministry, on Sunday said women who put on men’s wears are abomination unto God, PMNews reports.
According to the outlet, Kumuyi, who was preaching on the topic: “The Inner and Outward Beauty of Kingdom Citizens,” said the Bible specifically warned that men should not put on women’s wear neither should women put on men’s wears.
He noted everybody would frown if a preacher come to the pulpit putting on a woman’s wear as people would think he was abnormal, adding that the society seemed to appreciate women putting on men’s wears than men putting on women’s wears.
He said the standard of God would never change even if the world would change, emphasising that God frowned at any woman wearing men’s wears or men putting on women’s wears.
According to him, some Christians felt inferior because they were not copying the standard of the world, while challenging such people to keep on obeying God’s word rather than the world.
Kumuyi stated that the outward beauty that the world seemed to appreciate bred pride and arrogance, saying that the inner beauty gotten through Salvation in Christ should be coveted by all as such would lead to heaven.